Cats – an overview
Lifespan: 15 years.
Feed costs: Medium, typically 30p per day.
Health care costs: First year £100 to £120 for microchip, vaccination, neutering, worming: £60 to £80 per year on average for annual vaccination, flea/ worm control and occasional visits to vet.
Cattery costs: £4 to £5 per day.
Insurance: full lifetime cover for £6 to £8 per month.
- An excellent companion.
- Each cat however is an individual with some preferring the fireplace and others preferring the garden.
- Your cat shares your house and tends to do its own thing!
- Less demanding on your time.
- Suitable for all families of all ages.
- Can be left during the day.
- Less expensive than a dog to maintain.
- Possibly harmful to wildlife.
- Costs of healthcare, insurance, cattery and feeding.
- Some people are allergic to cats