Lifespan: 6 years.
Feed costs: Low.
Health care costs: Annual vaccination for myxamatosis and VHD recommended £40 – £50 per year, neutering £50 – £70.
Pet Hotel: £2 per day or neighbour looks after rabbit.
Insurance: full lifetime cover for £6 to £8 per month.
- A very lovable pet.
- Lower cost to maintain than a dog or cat.
- Can be adapted to live in the house
- Some rabbits resent close handling.
- Cost and space for hutches and runs.
- Hutches require frequent cleaning out.
- Requires time and attention.
- Some rabbits are aggressive and will bite and scratch.
- Children may lose interest.